Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2010 00:00

Avamar 5 SP2 to SP3 upgrade Questions

Hello,

Recenly I had to upgrade a single node Avamar Server from SP2 to SP3. The upgrade went wel but I had some small issues and questions about the upgrade.

Question 1

During the upgrade of os_security files the DSA signature: NOKEY warnings are logt in the upgrade.log file

warning: rh_security_updates_rhel4_u6_20100711/kdelibs-3.3.1-17.el4_8.1.x86_64.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID db42a60e
This message is given for all security package. Because of the warning I am not 100% sure the packages are installed and how can I prevent those warnings.

Question 2

Before to run avupsw the upgrade.conf file has to be configured. What I don't understand is why this is nessesary. It's just an upgrade and no configuration changes are needen. During the initial installation the configuration is configured in the install.conf file. I am not sure what the impact is and if the configuration in upgrade.conf overrides the initial configuration.  

Thanks in advance

Hans

39 Posts

November 19th, 2010 16:00

Hi, Hans:

A1: I checked the error log for your security message, it seems non-standard RH install when you implement avamar, so I'd like confirm with you did you implement the avamar system with Avamar kick-start iso?

A2: We do need to re-config the upgrade.conf file when we perform the upgrade, "relax_health_check=1"/double confirm the configuration "connectemc" & "lockbox_password". All of them may not be configed or updated during the initial installation, so the best practise is to double check these item. All of them are starndard upgrade process.

Hope that could answer your question, thank you.

Regards,

Charles

19 Posts

November 23rd, 2010 02:00

Hi Charles,

I’ll used the kick-start iso and it was an implementation on a VMWare Workstation environment used for testing and development. I think that should not be an issue in this case and I will check if the same results appears in production environments.

Thanks

Hans

No Events found!