Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 19th, 2015 11:00

Avamar Client DTLT backup fails if NFS disabled on Data Domain

My Avamar and Data  Domain systems are integrated.  I am trying to determine why I must have NFS enabled on the Data Domain system in order for my DTLT backups to work.

Is there a diagram and description that shows the interaction between the Avamar Client (w/DDBoost) and the Data Domain server that shows where NFS fits into the picture?

Thanks,

Agnes Lilley

55 Posts

March 19th, 2015 12:00

If I remember correctly, when you integrate the Avamar and DD systems an Avamar Filesystem is created. I assume that it is NFS. On your Data Domain go to Mtree> File mgmt to see all mtrees

2K Posts

March 19th, 2015 12:00

Avamar creates a DDBoost MTree on the Data Domain system. The DDBoost protocol was originally a superset of the NFS protocol, though I don't know if that is still the case.

DDBoost communication was handled through the NFS service in older DD OS versions but I believe this has changed in more recent versions. I'm not that well versed on the internals of Data Domain but somebody from the Data Domain Support Forum may be able to provide more information so I've tagged them.

No Events found!