Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 21st, 2013 03:00

Avamar bidirectional replication between gen4s and gen3

I have two Avamar multinode in 6.1.1 and I want to do a selective replication between the two grid's.

In gen4s I will use bond2 to do the replication, but in gen3 I only have 2 nic's and don't have bond2, how can I configure the replication target/source in gen3 grid ?

thanks in advanced,

Paulo Rente

June 26th, 2013 00:00

Paulo,

Please consider moving this question to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time.  You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the right.  Then search for and select: "Avamar Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.  There is also a recent post demonstrating the steps to do the same:

EMC Community Network Frequently Asked Questions

5 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 07:00

thanks

5 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 08:00

And I can configure the replication between bond2 in GEN4S to eth0 in GEN3 and from eth0 in GEN3 to Bond2 in GEN4S (selective cross replication) ?

We have another problem that is, I use FQDN to do replication from siteA_bck to siteB_bck and work, but from siteB_bck to siteA_bck don't do the replication, I think this is a bug, can any one know how to correct/turn around this ?

thanks

91 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 08:00

The Gen3 node can receive and send replication traffic over it's main interface. Just use the proper IP/FQDN when configuring replication.

16 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 11:00

It may be that at site B the FQDN for site A is not being properly resolved. If a ping of the FQDN of site A from site B fails then try pinging the IP address instead of the FQDN and if that works you will want to use the IP address as the destination address from site B to site A

No Events found!