Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 18th, 2012 03:00

Avamar customer handover script

Hello,

has anybody written a kind of customer handover script for avamar systems?

On my last node upgrade I saw a  customer_handover.log on the utility node wich was created from EMC.

In the output you have a important information about the system (HW, SW, version, system staes, serialnumbers,...)

I can write such a script by myself odcourse but if this exist already, why do the work twice ;-)

Regards

David

133 Posts

April 18th, 2012 06:00

Hello David,

I'm the manager of the EMC RCM Avamar Upgrade team.

The log file you refer to was created when a member of the RCM Avamar upgrade team performed a remote upgrade of your server.

There is a fair chance that the script that created your log file is still on your server from the last upgrade performed. Check the directory /usr/local/avamar/src directory. If yo cant find one there from the last upgrade please send me an email, and I would be happy to send you a copy that you can use as a template for creating a similar report yourself.

Please be aware that thre are several items in the script that you would be prompted for, as well a special sections that are read by email scanners here at EMC. Therfore I would reccomend making a copy for your self, removing the prompts at the beginning, and then tailor it to your specific needs. The script uses mostly standard bash scripting with some elements of Perl.

The script must be run as user root with keys loaded. Output is always written to the file chustomer_handover.log in the root directory, but you can change that to meet your needs.

Jeff Cameron
Avamar and Greenplum Upgrade Team Technical Manager
Worldwide Technical Support – RCM

EMC Corporation
Office Hours: M-F, 6:30AM – 4:00PM PST (GMT-8)

Office #: +1 949-812-7269
Cell #: +1 310-487-1055
Email: jeffrey.cameron@emc.com

223 Posts

April 18th, 2012 23:00

Hi Jeffrey,

would be great if you could send me the script because I am no longer at this customer so I can´t have a look if the script is still on the avamar server.

Thanks

David

david.ruehl@orchestra.de

133 Posts

April 19th, 2012 06:00

It is on its way.

Thank you!

No Events found!