Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

February 9th, 2010 04:00

DB2 Agent and Restores

I am trying to do a restore of a DB2 database that was backed up using the 5.0 DB2 Agent.  Backup is Online w/o logs.  The database is 202GB and it cancels after 24 hours runtime with about 120GB restored.  I thought this was a problem with the server/database, but I start restore again and show end time is 24 hours after the start of the restore.  Is there anyway to force the system to allow this to complete?  Any idea on the standard throughput of a DB2 backup/restore?

Also I have retention of 14 days on my databases, is there a way to increase that for one particular backup to avoid garbage collection deletion?

Thanks in advance.

17 Posts

February 19th, 2010 11:00

I dont have an answer for the DB2 time period, but I do have an answer for the retention policy.

You can change the retention period to be more than 14 days.  You have to go to the backup/restore, choose the server, the date and the backup dataset.  You change the retention policy here.  (I want to give you more info, but I dont have access to a node right now).  You have to change the retention period for each backup you did.

131 Posts

February 19th, 2010 13:00

Your Avamar is 5.0 Version?

May be that the Backout is droping your Restore.

In the SERVER, click in Action and click in SUSPEND Maintenence Windows.

Run Restore

RESUME Maintenence Windows.

14 Posts

February 24th, 2010 13:00

Thank you for the suggestions.  The way to extend the backup retention has been very helpful.

I was told by EMC Support to modify the server to allow over time before doing the restore.  Unfortunately I cannot test the restore now as the server has gone into production.  I am trying to reproduce the error with another system and test the resolution.  If I can find one I will post it here.

Thanks!

No Events found!