Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 8th, 2013 00:00

How to remove replicated data / clients ?

Avamar 6.1.2-47.

Due to some confusion between the customer and myself and after performing root2root replication, we are having some CID issues.

"Path "/REPLICATE/blablabla/client/blablabla" exists, but does not match provided cid"

I suppose if I remove the replicated clients with CID issues from the replication destination server... the problem should be solved.

So.... server1 replicates to server2.
So I need to remove replicated clients from server1 on server2

What is the best way ?

2 Intern

• 

160 Posts

November 8th, 2013 08:00

ok... thanks !

in our case, the problem with duplicate CID's on the replication destination was solved by deleting the client (and backups) in the REPLICATE domain... then during next replication, the clients are recreated with new CID's and problem solved.

but indeed if there's a DD involved... then this will not work... because data also resides on the DD.

PS... what is that force-move thing you are talking about ?

2 Intern

• 

160 Posts

November 8th, 2013 07:00

if it's on the source server yes... but in this case it's on the destination server for replication and I can remove the client & backups (at the destination server only).

So I suppose if I delete the client in the replicate domain on the destination server... then I wait for the next replication, I think it should go and recreate the client and then the problem should be solved.

Or am I missing something.

1 Attachment

2K Posts

I would recommend working with support for any issues involving CID mismatches. They can be very subtle and tricky.

2K Posts

The answer is "it depends". It depends whether there is DD integration involved. It depends if there are includes or excludes in the replication. It depends if force-move is enabled or not. There's a lot that could go wrong. This is why I recommend contacting support.

No Events found!