Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2011 06:00

Installation Avamar 6.0 No packages found in EMC Avamar Installation Manager

Hi,

I'm trying to install Avamar 6.0 But EMC Avamar installation Manager doesn't found the package. I have followed the Avamar Data Store Single Node 6.0 installation guide step by step.

When I copied the package first time all was ok! But at 7% installation progress had been a issue. I decided to check the package and try to copy it again to /data01/avamar/repo/packages/

But now no available packages found in the package repository for: SW Updates

Reboot the Data Store doesn't help.

also I have checked the:

root@avamar01:/usr/local/avamar/src/#: avinstaller.pl --test

INFO: AVI is running.

INFO: avidb is running

Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

223 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 07:00

Hello,

I have the same problem, do you have any solution for this?

240 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 07:00

Vyacheslav,

The upgrade process for Avamar is currently handled by an upgrade team and is not, at this time, a customer operation.

That having been said, let me see if I can help you with this.

Since the upgrade was interrupted, we need to verify a couple of things. 

First, I am a little confused by what your environment is.  You have listed that this is a single node that you are upgrading.  Is this node part of a grid that has been upgraded already, or is it a stand alone node?

Next, if the upgrade has been interrupted, the current status should show in the Avamar installation manager with the option to continue.  If that is not there, then it is likely the file or process has been corrupted.  You may need to remove all current files and start the process over again.  There is a specific process for doing this, but it requires Avamar support to perform this process.  It is an internal process and is not available to the general end user.  Call Avamar support for assistance with this.

My recommendation to you to make it easier all around is to submit a ticket and have the upgrade process performed by EMC.  If you have a secure (dark) site and remote access is not allowed, we have field personnel certified to perform the upgrade onsite.

Mark

5 Posts

February 25th, 2012 15:00

Hi Mark

I'm working in EMC partner and doing test upgrade of Avamar from version 5 to version 6 but I ran in situation which you describe as corrupted process. Can you send me a procedure to dealing with that or I must do the reinstallation of software because I guess that a support ticket is not an option in this case.

thanks

Aleksandar

No Events found!