Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2015 13:00

New Man / AER node installed....

EMC has installed a new MAN / AER Node....

I would like to learn more about the commands I can use to manage the AER part of this device...

Does anyone have a list they can share?

Thanks...

Joe Despres

133 Posts

April 22nd, 2015 14:00

I would recommend that you do not perform any command line operations on your AER server. All configuration changes should be done through the GUI.

Even though the AER Server has both Networker and Avamar components it is very sensitive to change. one wrong move and you can disrupt your AER Server's operation.

If you need Linux configuration changes, open up a service request with Remote Reactive Support.

176 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 05:00

Hey Jeff................

I don't plan on changing anything via the command line.  What I would like to do is learn more about the MAN / AER node..  I would like to "VIEW" configuration, Library info, Tape info...

The way I see it:  EMC has sold us a car...  Then they tell us.  Don't look in the trunk.  Don't look in the glove box.  And for the sake of all good...  Don't open the hood...

Thanks...

Joe Despres

176 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 06:00

I don't plan on customizing anything....

Thanks for the YouTube Link...

Joe Despres

133 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 06:00

Close, but more like we sold you an appliance like a TV that is built on a customized Linux system. What we are saying is don't go on the Linux system in your TV thinking it is like a standard Linux server and start customizing it like a Linux server. There is a good chance you will break the functionality.

The Best way to learn how to use the GUI is to crack open the manual and start exploring around in the GUI.

There are also resources in EMC's community network (here) as well as on the web. Like this YouTube:

EMC Avamar Extended Retention - YouTube

8 Posts

May 23rd, 2015 06:00

Hi jdespres,

We have an AER /MAN too for 3 years.

Usefull commands are networker commands as nsradmin, nsrjb, nsrwatch.

There are commands to stop AER process as aerctl stop and start.

As you, I was upset to find nothing on the web about command guide.

And actually, I am looking for command line which could be used to import several backups from tape to the avamar server part.

I am looking for these commands as I recently discovered a very annoying limitation to import backups through the GUI.

In fact we are able to import only one backup at a time through the GUI.

So if you find some useless commands since your last post, I would really appreciate if you share them  ;-)

Regards

176 Posts

May 23rd, 2015 09:00

Hey ixion.............

I will keep my eye out on this!

Joe Despres

No Events found!