Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 4th, 2016 06:00

Upgrading AVAMAR Singlenode to 7.3 SP1

Hi,

I'm trying to update my two single avamar nodes to latest release 7.3 SP1 from 7.3. As I understand the procedure, I have to download the appropriate .avp file with AVI-Webinterface and then install the upgrade trough the interface. Unfortunately the download stops at 49% and the there will be no more progress. I also did a single download and tried to upload to repository but then the server says that he rejects the package with the note: " Avamar system - AvInstaller version does not match the package version". Any idea what to do and how to fix this so that I can upgrade to 7.3 SP1?

Best regress,

Frank

2K Posts

November 14th, 2016 05:00

Avamar systems other than AVE are not currently customer upgradeable. Please open a service request with the Dell EMC remote proactive team to schedule a system upgrade.

53 Posts

November 11th, 2016 17:00

It might need the v7.3.1 AVI. Please download the installation file -- AvamarBundle_SLES11_64-7.3.1-125.zip. There should be a new version of AVI.

--Beta

November 14th, 2016 01:00

Hi Zhou,

sorry for another question - I have downloaded the avi but what should I do with the package? I'm quite new with AVAMAR and need some help...

Regards,

Frank

1 Rookie

• 

46 Posts

November 14th, 2016 04:00

Hello,

AvamarBundle_SLES11_64-7.3.1-125.zip file contains three files -

• avinstaller-bootstrap-version.OS_64.x86_64.run
  • dpnnetutil-version.run
  • AvamarDownloaderService-windows-x86-version.exe

You must install the AvInstaller on the Avamar utility node or single-node server.

Copy avinstaller-bootstrap-version.OS_64.x86_64.run file to Utility node and install avinstaller first. Then you should upgrade Avamar.

Also, you will need to upgrade client downloads. Its better to first upgrade client downloads.

Regards,

Pawan

November 14th, 2016 06:00

Hi Pawan,

thanks for your reply but this I tried some days ago but I ran in several errors. So I would prefer to follow Ian Anderson's suggestion and we will contact DellEMC support team to schedule a remote session.

BTW - many thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Frank

133 Posts

November 14th, 2016 08:00

The Avinstaller will not permit you to perform the upgrade. Upgrades must be performed by the Remote Proactive Upgrade team. There is much more to upgrades than to just run the AVP upgrade package.

November 15th, 2016 00:00

Hi all,

thanks to all reply's to my thread. As mentioned by the DellEMC staff members Ian and Jeff we have opened a case with the proactive support team from DellEMC so every thing is on the right and correct way....

Best regards,

Frank

No Events found!