Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 22nd, 2017 10:00

VBA Checkpoint Discovery will not run for any VBA, but VM backups are fine.

Hello all,

Yesterday, early morning, I noticed that my VBA checkpoints started failing. This is affecting all three of my VBA's, and it seems to be with the discovery process. I have tried restarting the services (dpnctl start/stop, and emwebapp.sh --restart), but neither helped. I then restarted the VBA's themselves, just in case by some coincident, each had independent issues. I then created a new checkpoint policy, and only added in the discovery action, but no backup or clone action. The job eventually failed. To add, there is no information at all displayed under the job details. All sections are completely blank.

However, all of my VM backups have been running successfully. That seems odd to me, but I admittedly do not fully understand the "discovery" process.

Any ideas, or things i can check? I havent seen any commonality between the three policies. The discovery process for each one points to a different node, and the nodes seem to be fine as well.

Thanks all. I'll provide whatever added info is needed.

Todd

5 Posts

April 24th, 2017 07:00

Hello,

I have the same problem. Did you solve it pls ?

Regards

Zleffa

2 Intern

• 

146 Posts

April 25th, 2017 13:00

Hi zleffa. I ended up restarting all networker services, and this resolved the issue on our side. That probably was not an ideal option, but I really needed to get things running,

No Events found!