Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2017 03:00

dpnnetutil cancelled and now major issues

Morning all,

I have an Avamar system installed and as a post-production exercise i wanted to re-run dpnnetutil and add a vlan to the config. I started running dpnnetutil and about halfway through I cancelled out and now having major issues.

installed Avamar system was being edited to add vLan configuration via dpnnetutil. process was cancelled half way through and now unable to connect to MCS GUI, run any dpnctl commands and seeing various issues.

Seeing the following error when trying to rollback to checkpoint or when running "dpnctl status":

-dpnctl status

-ERROR: no database type or no node resource database could be found with search list /usr/local/avamar/var/probe.xml, stopped at /usr/local/avamar/bin/../lib/dpnutils/node_util.pm line 756.

Found KB Article Number 000448478 and tried to run the recommended solution but that failed with the following error:

ERROR: avmaint: networkconfig: cannot connect to server at :27000

I can ping the avamar server

Was originally stating the probe.xml was missing but I can see multiple entries for probe.xml in both /usr/local/avamar/var and /tmp

tried to create new probe.xml as per Article Number 000448478 but that failed with the error.

ERROR: avmaint: networkconfig: cannot connect to server at :27000

Have raised an SR but any feedback from my esteemed colleagues always very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

32 Posts

January 31st, 2017 03:00

Me again

i  might have fixed my own issue.

i recreated the probe.xml file but what i didn't do was give it the correct permissions, ownership etc - have just changed it and looks as though i can now run a rollback to the previous checkpoint - just running that now - will update further once completed/failed.

Neil

No Events found!