Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2012 15:00

IO Module Alert Message

After a recent reboot of my M1000e chassis and all its components, I now am receiving the following non-critical alert on IOM-B2, which is an M8024:

"A link tuning failure detected on IO module B2".

I am using v. 4.0 on the CMC, but my IO module firmware is very old (3.1.5.7).  I know that one of my first steps should be to upgrade the IO module firmware.  Since I am using this chassis with AIM 3.4.2, I was going to upgrade to the AIM supported firmware on this module, 4.1.0.6. 

However, I will not have a chance to upgrade this firmware before a meeting with a customer early this week.  Is there a way in the interim to simply clear this non-critical alert from my CMC so it does not raise any questions?

Thanks,

Mike

May 29th, 2012 08:00

Hello lamiam1,

Sorry to hear about your issue. You can clear both the Hardware log and CMC log to clear out this error until you can update the FW on the IOM. You may also have to powercycle that IOM.

GUI:

Chassis Overview -> Logs -> (Hardware log and CMC Log). At the bottom there will be a “Clear Log” button.

IOM Module Overview -> Power (to power cycle that IOM)

CLI:

clrsel and clrraclog

-Corey

May 29th, 2012 16:00

Unfortunately, clearing the logs and rebooting does not solve the issue.  As you can see in the screen print, I have cleared the log....but the yellow exclamation mark still exists on the home page.

May 29th, 2012 16:00

I should also note that I cannot upgrade the firmware on the switch because this chassis is under AIM 3.4.2 control.  Version 3.1.5.7 on this 8024 is the currently supported firmware revision for this version of AIM.

May 31st, 2012 13:00

The link tuning error means that the IO module could not be set to correctly use the NIC on one or more servers.    Can you provide the output for the cli command "getdcinfo" and "getdcinfo -n"?

-Corey

May 31st, 2012 14:00

I have attached the screen print for the results of the commands.  The "getdcinfo" got cut off, but servers 12-16 look exactly the same as servers 1-11.  Everything seems to look ok for both of these commands.

3 Posts

August 5th, 2012 00:00

Hi Lamiam, did you able to solve the problem. I'm having the same problem please tell me if you did.

15 Posts

August 29th, 2012 08:00

Hey Lamiam1 did you get this resolved? I'm having the same issue.

3 Posts

September 1st, 2012 06:00

Ended up with changing the switches and the modules, seems hardware issue.

No Events found!