Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2013 02:00

AX4-5 questions

Hello all,

I have an AX4 that has been reset, and appears to be missing SharedStorageControl. The unit is NOT under any type of EMC support, and because I'm using it for a personal PoC, it won't be.

When I run

naviseccli -User $user -Password $password -Scope 0 -Address $IP_OF_SP storagegroup -enable

I get

This version of Core Software does not support Access Logix

An NDU -list shows Dual SP, ExpansionTier, NavisphereManager, and FLARE-Operating-Environment (02.23.050.5.711)

Previous NDU -list (before reimage) included SharedStorageControl and SnapshotManagement.

In going through both the downloads I have access to, and my stack of about two dozen CD's & manuals, I'm not seeing if this is a .ena that I'm missing, or something else.

So tell me all you learned folk, what am I missing?

~MrShank

December 14th, 2013 21:00

Yes, you are missing the Shared Storage Control Enabler

As an enabler, yes you are correct it has an .ena extension.  The exact filename to look for:

SharedStorageControlEnabler-01.01.5.001.ena

2 Posts

December 14th, 2013 22:00

Which CD does this live on? Or, barring that, is there a specific place I should be looking, other then under AX4-5 downloads?

~MrShank

2 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 23:00

Were you able to find it? I have an AX4 that I am using for my home lab. I have not been able to find anyone that has the Navisphere Management enabler. Anyone have any idea? It is no longer available from support since the product went EOL.

No Events found!