Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2011 08:00

Available space in CX4 using Naviseccli.

Hi,

Will anyone please be able to tell me the naviseccli cmd to check the exact available space and the total space on CX4-480 with Navicli version 7.30.

I tried naviseccli -h xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -user xxx -password xxx -scope 0 getlun -capacity

It gives the Raw capacity and User capacity but this dosen't gives me the utilized space and free space available..

If anyone do know how to check the available space using Naviseccli please let me know.

Thank You

Preeti

542 Posts

I dont think there is a command for that.

Now if you want to check the availble free space within raid groups on an array, you can get that in a report from the report wizard

You can run the "available storage" report to see what is free on the array in each raid group.

you can run the reports that fall under Configuration>LUN reports to see how much has been carved out.  you will have to add them up yourself.

542 Posts

No problem.  Glad to help

542 Posts

If using Unisphere,  you can also just click on the storage tab and select summary.  It will show you a pie chart of Used, Free raw, and free storage pool.

That should give you an idea of what is free system wise

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

Utilization space from host perspective ? Can’t get that from the array.

25 Posts

I thought so but was not sure..

Can we monitor the array (Space allocation and Data flow etc) using Cacti the same way as we can monitor the network and all the host?

25 Posts

Thank you I appreciate your knowledge and time.

No Events found!