Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

2 Intern

• 

207 Posts

March 13th, 2014 12:00

Bought a used CX4-120, clear configs?

Hi everyone,   We just bought an old CX4-120 off the third party market, but it's filled with errors.  It calls out faulted disks and DAEs that are no longer part of the system, and it is in a very bad mood when plugged in in its current state (minimum config, 1 DAE, no SPSs, just FLARE disks)  I can't seem to find a way to make it stop expecting its old drives and DAEs to show up.  Does anyone know a "reset everything" procedure, akin to the "set storageSubsystem resetConfiguration" command from IBM midrange SANs?  We're obviously not on any kind of support agreement with EMC, but if i'm missing something obvious, please let me know!

Thanks!

1.2K Posts

March 13th, 2014 14:00

Hi Mike -

There's a procedure that's available to EMC Partners to do a factory reset.  That's the only one I'm aware of that will clear all the errors.  One other possibility would be to back the array config of a known-good CX4-120 and restore it via naviseccli.  It's not a 100% fix, but it might clear enough errors to make the array useful.  Another approach with less likelihood of success would be to backup the current array config, massage the XML, then restore it.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

No Events found!