Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2008 19:00

CX 700 duplex settings

Hi,
We are experiencing intermittent lost of network connection to the SPA/B and the Brocade switch. Our network engineer found out that there's growing runts, input error and CRC error on the ports. We suspect there could be duplex mismatch.

How do I check the duplext settings of the SPs and Brocade switch?

133 Posts

January 8th, 2008 03:00

Hi Rahmad,

The CLARiiON SP ports are by default set to auto speed and auto duplex settings.

The problem can be highlighted when the matching Ethernet switch port isn¿t and is instead set to fixed speed and duplex as per EMC knowledgebase article emc79617 "Can I set the LAN port on CLARiiON storage processors (SPs) to a fixed speed and change the duplex setting".
The other possible solution to your problem is to set the CLARiiON SP ports to fixed speed and duplex settings as per EMC knowledgebase article emc158513 "100Mbps/full-duplex enabler for CLARiiON CX-series arrays".

Brocade FC switches you can easiest check/verify/modify by telneting to the switch and using the ifmodeshow and ifmodeset commands. Please note that the above commands don¿t work with all Brocade switches and FOS versions.

I hope this helps
Carl
No Events found!