Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2013 07:00

CX300 - Navisphere 6.19.5.0.0 - Missing memory tab in "Storage System Properties"

In all the docs I read I should see a "Memory" tab in the "Storage system properties" were I can allocate memory to each SP. This tab is not present:

Capture.PNG.png

Why is this tab missing?

This is a cx300 retired from production we are using for SAN learning\training.

1.4K Posts

Navisphere is management Software which manages the CLARiiON, all you need to do is enter the SP IP Address on your browser and Navisphere Manager will load.

Moreover, Navisphere Off Array Manager is something different which is installwd on a client machine and it should be available in good old powerlink. You may refer to ECN Old Discussion for Pros and Cons. I reckon its been discussed several time.

Sent from Mobile.

13 Posts

Thanks for the reply.

This brings up another issue I had. I'm actually just connecting directly to the CX300. Where can I download the navisphere for clients? I looked on the support page, but all the options are overwhelming. What's the exact name of the thing I can install on a windows box to manage the CX300 with navisphere? Thanks again.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

try different machine with a different version of java

13 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 08:00

The navisphere version on the array appears to be outdated: 6.19.5.0.0

The Off-array management software is "locked" https://support.emc.com/downloads/7948_Navisphere

Could not find how to download this on powerlink.

October 22nd, 2013 22:00

Refer to the solution in the following thread:

https://community.emc.com/thread/173734

It is one of those prompts where you want to read it carefully and *not* take the default.  In this case, you want to select: "No" to the following prompt (instinctively everyone clicks "Yes"):

"Block potentially unsafe components from being run? (recommended)"

No Events found!