Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2016 12:00

CX4-240 - Hosts Connectivity Showing Yellow Warning

I have several hosts with the same issue but this one is the most important. Why is the second port not logged in and why does it have a yellow warning icon? I checked the zoning twice and these paths are zoned onto the active configuration.

warning.jpg

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 22nd, 2016 14:00

if multiple hosts are experiencing this issue then i would look into zoning, those specific CX ports connectivity. Are they logged-in ok on the switch ?

16 Posts

January 24th, 2016 21:00

As a pair of paths are not logged in, this may related with the particular SAN Switch where the Ports A-1 and B-0 are connected.

Are these ports (A-1 & B-0) connected to same SAN Switch ??

Check SAN Switch and ensure that the Zoning and ports are logged in to the switch.

Thanks,

Jithin C V

4.5K Posts

January 25th, 2016 08:00

The WWN for both ports are the same indicating that it's one HBA with a problem - check the host that owns that HBA and from the switch see if you see that HBA logged into the switch.

glen

195 Posts

January 25th, 2016 12:00

Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me what brand of HBA comes with a 50:01:... series WWN?

To me, this looks more like another storage device.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 25th, 2016 14:00

these are HP branded Qlogics

January 25th, 2016 23:00

Please First login in engineering mode access in cx4. If you login engineering access u can see few more option where delete 

option will be available .please do one after other .first delete one ,refresh ,reconnect and refresh again . all those activity need to do with engineering mode ,then only it should work.

January 26th, 2016 13:00

I disabled/reenabled the ports on the Brocade switch and all of the ports that with the Logged In set to NO are now showing Logged in as YES.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 26th, 2016 13:00

i would clear CRC/Error counters on those ports and see if they start incrementing again. It could be an issue with a patch panel or something else layer 2.

No Events found!