Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 1st, 2010 09:00

Clear all data on AX100i

I need to wipe all configuration data from an AX100i that is being removed from our environment. What is the quickest way to accomplish this and ensure that none of our internal information is still on the device?

21 Posts

July 7th, 2010 08:00

that requires an engineering password to get that option highlighted , provided one knows the procedure and definetly is not customers activity.

542 Posts

July 1st, 2010 09:00

I assume that you have already wiped all your production data correct?  If not, you can unbind all luns and then raid groups to destroy that data.

For the configuration data, are you asking about the SP ip's and stuff?

4 Posts

July 1st, 2010 10:00

Yes, I need to get rid of all SP data, preferably resetting to factory defaults or something similar.

542 Posts

July 1st, 2010 10:00

It has been awhile since i worked with a AX100 but i have some AX4-5's.

You can go to the setup page of each SP and remove your info and put dummy ip's in the fields.  Just use 1.1.1.1 or something.  I would also destroy domain security as that will wipe out any user accounts on the array.

To access the setup page,   enter /setup in browser.

21 Posts

July 1st, 2010 11:00

there is an option to invalidate data which should be the quickest means connecting via hyper terminal but it should be through service engagement.

4 Posts

The data held in storage is not in question here, I am only referring to host/ip information that is held on the SP.

2.2K Posts

Retski,

Do you need the user data on the LUNs securely erased? If so, just unbinding a LUN will not accomplish that.

If the array is being decomissioned you can have a recycler destroy the drives for you and provide certification on the destruction of the drives. This is what we have done with arrays and servers that were old and sent to a recycler.

If the array is going to be reused elsewhere and you need to ensure that all of your user data is securely erased then you will need to have EMC come out and perform a secure erase of the array. This is what we have done with arrays that were used for trade-in.

542 Posts

July 1st, 2010 13:00

Then the way i said will work.   It is  also good to use the IP address 1.1.1.1 on both SP since that is what the SP's are set to from the factory (for AX & CX) and are recognized with the Initialization wizard.  that will help the next guy out who buys it

59 Posts

July 6th, 2010 19:00

Retski, to remove all of the configuration data from the clariion database, you will need to do what Robi suggests.

There is a procedure that can be done to invalidate all clariion database information.

This information contains details about raidgroups, luns, initator records hostnames and ipaddrs etc...

Essentially this is a "set to factory defaults" procedure.

Jim

4 Posts

July 7th, 2010 07:00

So you are saying that this is a service engagement process? Is there any way to perform the process myself that you are aware of?

No Events found!