Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2016 05:00

EMC SAN SMI-S provider class name for monitoring RAID controller

I am trying to monitor total bytes, read bytes and write bytes of the RAID controller in EMC CLARiiON so that I can monitor the IO performance of raid controller. But I am unable to find class name which can fetch this information through CIM Navigator or any tool.

Any idea, how to fetch EMC RAID controller specific monitoring data?

1.2K Posts

May 3rd, 2016 10:00

EMC-native tools, such as Navisphere can provide this for you.  You can also obtain it from VNX Monitoring and Reporting, if your Clariion is a CX4 or later.

EMC Supports the FibreAlliance MIB, which will provide a few variables.  There's also a Clariion MIB, which largely consists of a few traps.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

3 Posts

May 3rd, 2016 11:00

Thanks for the reply Karl.

I may sound naive but like we have EMC_FanModule class in root/emc namespace to get parameters related to fan, does EMC provide any class to fetch parameters related to RAID controller ?

I am trying to do kind of CIM programming to monitor RAID controller performance.

1.2K Posts

May 3rd, 2016 15:00

EMC publishes a developer's guide for their SMI-S implementation.  Have a look at https://developer-content.emc.com/developer/devcenters/storage/snia/smi-s/downloads/SMIProvider_V4.6PG.pdf which covers SMI-S Provider 4.6.  If you're using a more recent version, you can find them on EMC Support.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

No Events found!