Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2013 22:00

Hardware Raid

Hi everyone,

I had a hardware raid configuration with raid 5 having 5 disks. One week before i am unable to access the storage console through serial cable .So i tried for console, removing the hard disks when it is offline and iam able to get console .When check the hard disks, two hard disks gone bad ..is there any possibility to recover the data.The hard disk gone bad when there is no data access.Help me to solve this issue..It is a sun store edge 3300 with scsi connection to sunfire v240..

1.4K Posts

January 29th, 2013 22:00

Sun StoreEdge 3300 is not an EMC Product nor CLARiiON Support Forum is an appropriate space for questions related to the same. I would request you to contact the hardware vendor with the required logs, they will be the right group to help you with regards to this.

4.5K Posts

January 30th, 2013 11:00

Just as a general answer, when you use Raid 5 raid protection, one of the disks is used for the parity and the others are for data. Raid 5 provides protection in the case of one disk failure. If you have two bad disks (double , you have have lost the data. As Ankit rightly pointed out, this is the EMC forum and we can not provide support for a SUN array, so you would need to contact SUN for specific support.

glen

No Events found!