Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 22nd, 2010 18:00

Hosts Not Registering

Hi!

I have two arrays, a CX3-40 and a CX4-480  the CX4 is new.

I have several hosts, all with the NaviAgent installed.  They will register with the CX3-40 but for the life of me I can not get them to register with the CX4-480.  I have added 4x system@SPIPADDRESS in the agent.config...one for each SP on each array.  Still nothing.  I try to register the host from within the array, and I get an error that the system is not running host agent or attached to the array.  Yes, it is zoned.  I checked the zone access map in the Brocade switch and it shows they should have full connectivity.  Clues?

Ted

18 Posts

September 22nd, 2010 21:00

Follow the below steps to check.

1. Right click on clariion array and check the connectivity status whether the initiators are showing. If it is showing check whether the initiators are logged in.

2. If it is showing under connectivity status and registered status showing "NO" then you need to install Agent or else you need to register it manually.

3. If it is Registered and not logged in then you need to check the Zoning side and physical connectivity.

4. if the host initiators are not showing under connectivity status at all then you need check the zoning and physical connectivity. If possible remove the zone and create it back. Once you create the zone dont forget to Enable and Save the config. After this just refresh it.

5. Once all these tasks are fine then you can login to Navisphere and update the array once. Update is over then you can go to connectivity status and check.

Please mark it Answered if this helps.

116 Posts

Did you upgrade the agent on the hosts ? To Release 28,29,30

159 Posts

They are Unisphere Host agents, newest version.

116 Posts

September 22nd, 2010 19:00

At this time I would open a call with EMC Support ....

197 Posts

September 23rd, 2010 09:00

Any firewalls in play here?

159 Posts

September 23rd, 2010 16:00

THis was a little of two issues.  The first being that I did the zoning at 2AM sleepy and forgot to enable the config.  The second being that there are three hosts that have firewalls between thm and the SAN.  Thanks all.

No Events found!