Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 24th, 2014 11:00

How do you create lun for hot spare (NX4 with AX4-5F8 backend)

Getting this error:

The user capacity entered is invalid.  Please enter an integer between 1 and 9223372036854775807.

1 Attachment

2 Intern

• 

359 Posts

June 25th, 2014 06:00

Ok your right, this is def. a bug when accessing the storage processors through Unisphere client.  Our other hot spares (we have 1 per DAE) have user specified LUNS.  If we do automatic it wants to make this new one LUN 6, and I thought you should start your LUN id's at 17 and go up from there.

Anyway I was able to bind and specify LUN id 206 using Navisphere Manager by using my laptop and Firefox to go directly to the IP of the storage processor, rather than entering the SP's IP through Unisphere Client.

June 25th, 2014 02:00

The user capacity is invalid, please enter an integer between 1 and 9223372036854775807.
Unable to create hot spare.

Unable to create hot spare in even numbered Raid group

When trying to crate and bind  even number hot spare raid group and the same even numbered LUN on SATA HDD.

Example: Hot spare RAID group 202 with LUN ID 202 reports error.

This happens when:

1. The hard disk drive (HDD) selected to be a hot spare is a SATA HDD.
  2. The hot spare LUN is created independently of the RAID group.  In other words, the RAID group is created without changing the RAID type from "Unbound" to "Hot Spare."
  3. The RAID group associated with the hot spare is an even number.
Workaround:

When creating the hot spare RAID group do not leave the "RAID type"  as  "Unbound."  If you select the "RAID type" as "Hot Spare," it will successfully and automatically create the hot spare LUN.

While this appears to work consistently, you do lose the ability to manually select the LUN number as it is assigned automatically.

The issue could not be reproduced if the RAID group number associated with the hot spare LUN was an odd number.

Fix:

A permanent fix will be included in a future release of Navisphere.

No Events found!