Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2013 07:00

Navisphere 6 Pluginchk.html

We have a CX3 running Navisphere 6 and I'm having an issue accessing the web interface.

I can connect no problem if I remote to an older system (Server 2003 R2, IE 7, Java 6 Update 5).

But on my desktop running Windows 7 x86 with Java 6U45 (we can't use 7 due to other incompatibilities), if I try to connect with Firefox or Chrome (latest version each), I get directed to a page called pluginchk.html. I can sometimes log in with IE 10 but it crashes a lot and performance is pretty sluggish.

Is the issue with FF or Chrome the fact that they're disabling (or making it hard to run) Java? Or is the incompatibility with Windows 7? I'm not sure where to start looking. Has anyone had success with newer O/S and Browser with Navisphere 6?

Thanks,

2 Intern

• 

207 Posts

November 6th, 2013 13:00

I've had this same issue multiple times running not just CX3 systems, but AX4-5, CX4, and older CX300 series systems as well.  The fix is, when you input the IP of the system into the browser, append it with /start.html at the end.  For example, http://10.0.0.1/start.html will bypass the pluginchk nonsense that it seems to hang on.  Also running x86 win7 here, JRE 7 update 45, latest firefox, chrome, and IE, and i get the same issues if i don't type /start.html after the IP.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

October 24th, 2013 12:00

i can connect ok to CX3 running Navisphere. I am connecting from Win2k8 R2 box (same code as Win7), IE 10, JRE 6 Update 38

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 24th, 2013 12:00

Just check popup blocker. It could be the reason.

regards,

Cenk

4.5K Posts

October 29th, 2013 10:00

there may be a java security popup that comes up when you start, click NO and see if that helps.

glen

2 Posts

October 29th, 2013 11:00

Thanks for the suggestions - there isn't a popup blocked for this. I believe it's the new browsers inherent behaviour of blocking anything java due to security issues. I think IE just doesn't care about this so it works, although really slowly.

4.5K Posts

November 6th, 2013 13:00

I believe I just read that the new version of firefox disables jave by default

glen

4.5K Posts

November 6th, 2013 14:00

That's a good tip - haven't tried that before. I keep my XP and W7  systems at 1.6.30 as I found that this seems to work for all the arrays in out lab (release 12 to the latest VNX R33). I tried 1.7, but too many other things that I use stopped working, so now I just stay at 1.6.30.

glen

November 7th, 2013 06:00

try clear java cache, disable proxy or add to trusted sites in browser

1 Message

December 20th, 2013 13:00

Hello, When I try to append with /start.html it ends up showing "This browser is not supported by Navisphere." Can you please let me know if there is any work around.

2 Intern

• 

207 Posts

February 20th, 2014 11:00

Yeah i've noticed this with Google Chrome, and certain versions of Mozilla Firefox, IE will usually work. (It's basically the only reason i still have IE installed.)  Lately i've found that no matter which browser i use on my windows 7 desktop seems to matter, nothing will launch old versions of browser-based navisphere, i have to use an old XP laptop to get at anything.  I'm scared to death to update anything on that machine since i think at some point a version of Java or a browser deprecates support for navisphere.

4.5K Posts

February 20th, 2014 13:00

I also have an XP box running JAVA 1.5.17 just for this purpose. With Win7 and Java 1.6.30 I've found that when I start Navisphere, I must not click on OK for the security warning that pops up - if I do, then I can't see some of the screens.

Some of the people in our group have also created a XP virtual machine with the older Java and IE6 to keep around for accessing the older arrays in the lab.

glen

6 Posts

December 16th, 2014 02:00

You can also use F12 in IE to emulate different version of IE browser. CHecked IE10 and worked fine with Navisphere6

No Events found!