Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2007 12:00

SAN Copy and Zoning

Hello All!
I'm having an issue looking at the events log in Navisphere. It would seem emc155363 is the issue I'm having. My question is has anyone run the comands from this:

navicli -h port -diagnose -sancopy -clean

I have what looks like orphaned HBA WWNs in my hosts tab and it wants to remove these.

Thanks,
David

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

December 5th, 2007 14:00

are these WWN show up as logged-in when you look in Connectivity status ?

2 Posts

December 4th, 2007 00:00

Hi,

We have also had the Problems with Sancopy and the Zoning after upgrading to Rel.24 . I couldnt retrieve the Events with the GUI. Only the naviseccli was able to retrieve the Events from the SPs.

After implementing a correct Single Initiator-Single Target Zoning, we run the command mentioned, then we rebooted the Management-GUI one by one and the problem disappeared.

77 Posts

The WWNs are logged in but not registered. There are 15 of those entries. The entries that are defined as "PHCX700-spA and spB" (there are 24 of these entries) are registered but not logged in

77 Posts

I have 8 WWNs in the host tab and do not know where they are coming from. I checked the switch config and they aren't even in the zoning on the switch. I am a rookie to the CX so am I missing a place to zone this correctly?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

December 5th, 2007 19:00

looks like you got some zoning clean-up to do. The 15 entries that are logged in, there are got to be zones for those, delete them if you don't need them anymore. For the 24 entries that are not logged-in anymore, are those the connections from another Clariion that you used to SanCopy from/to ? De-register them from Connectivity status if you don't need them anymore.

77 Posts

December 6th, 2007 07:00

I have SAN copy running and they are Zoned to another Array that doesn't show up in the connectivity status. I was going to delete the entries that are registered but not logged in, but I do not know what sytem impact this will have so I'm hesitant.

When I first got here, all the SPs were registered and logged in. Without any additional zoning config on my part, I had to reboot the management server and these WWNs showed up and now the SPs aren't logged in

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

December 6th, 2007 08:00

so SANcopy is running all the time or it was using for one time migration? I am just thinking that maybe the other array logged-out out of this one ..hence showing registered but not logged in. Just guessing here ..

77 Posts

December 6th, 2007 08:00

SAN Copy is running all the time. I have RM 5.0.3 on the production side and have another CX700 at a DR site connect through Dark Fiber

77 Posts

December 13th, 2007 13:00

I cleaned up the "Registered but not logged in" entries for the SPs and de-registered them. I then registered the WWNs which were all from the DR SAN and "Logged in but not Registered" This cleared up the errors when I tried to view the event viewer in Navisphere

32 Posts

December 13th, 2007 23:00

Are you still having an issue ?

If so please open case with Clariion Support , user ATMikes answer would seem the solution to me. Ensure you have a correct Single Initiator-Single Target Zoning setup.

77 Posts

December 14th, 2007 06:00

My zoning was setup this way but i don't think the DR Array, which is a SAN Copy target, was ever defined. My issue is resolved and thanks to all that responded!

DR
No Events found!