Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2010 22:00

Trespassed Luns on CX4 array.

Hi All,

Could some one please let me know where or what logs do I need to check to find out when did the Luns trespass on the array.

Also Ii would like to know the process for trespassing the luns back to default SP. Last week, i did trespass the luns back when the host is online. I caused the host to go into hung state. It was AIX 2-node oracle RAC cluster. How can I avaoid such situations while dealing with Trespassed Luns.

31 Posts

September 24th, 2010 02:00

Hi,

The LUNS are usually tress passed by the Host side Activity. From the Clariion the LUNS would go tress pass only when there is issue with the SP side.

The Tress passing back the LUNS is easy process. right Click on the LUN and then Tress pass. Once you do this you should be able to see the current SP owner on the properties TAB of the LUN.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

September 24th, 2010 04:00

if you are running PowerPath, "powermt restore" relocates LUNs back to their default owners.

4.5K Posts

September 24th, 2010 13:00

In the Event Log on the SPA or SPB you should be able to see the mesasge "trespass" - this will have a disk listed - from the disk you can discover which riad group the disk is assigned to. This will tell you when the trespass occurred.

In restoring LUNs to the default SP owner, you should use the host based failover application - if using PowerPath  you can issue the "powermt restore -all"

glen

2 Intern

• 

1.3K Posts

September 26th, 2010 18:00

even if the LUNs got tresspassed, the logs will still report at the physical "disk" level; is that you meant?

No Events found!