Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

November 12th, 2013 07:00

Windows 2008 flagging SAN drives as VM or mem in SNMP

Has anyone run into this issue on WIndows Server 2008:

For some Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, connecting to EMC CX-300i SAN:

On snmp, in oid 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3, it flags most of my SAN drives as Virtual Memory, or Physical Memory.  It also mis-reports the allocation units as 65536 instead of 4096. As a result, I cannot get correct %used reports from these drives from SNMP. Indeed, if I run  a straight HRstorage table report, it returns zeros for these drives.

I also have Informant SNMP installed on these servers, and the SAN drives dont even show up in walks of that mib branch.

If anyone has found a solution to this I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks

4.5K Posts

November 12th, 2013 14:00

Not sure if this helps, but you can check to see if the mib you're using is the most current:

The following is a Primus(R) eServer solution:

ID: emc171987

Domain: EMC1

Solution Class: 3.X Compatibility

Goal       Where can I find the Management Information Base (MIB) file for my CLARiiON or VNX storage system?

Fact       Product: CLARiiON AX4-5

Fact       Product: CLARiiON CX Series

Fact       Product: CLARiiON CX3 Series

Fact       Product: CLARiiON CX4 Series

Fact       Product: VNX Series

Fact       Services: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)

Symptom    Cannot find the MIB file for a CLARiiON or VNX system.

Fix        Click this link to download the CLARiiON/VNX MIB file.

Note: Currently (May 2012) there is no new MIB for the VNX Series. The CLARiiON FA MIB is still valid for use with the Block portion of VNX. VNX for File has a MIB and supports SNMP v1 , v2, and v3 (/nas/sys/emccelerra.mib).

Note       This file is provided "as is" as a courtesy to EMC customers. Individual SNMP systems vary and EMC cannot guarantee that this file will work with all systems. EMC does NOT support this MIB so customers use it at their own risk.  However, it is a good starting point. Changes to the file may be required to compile properly. For more information on the MIB, see the Engineering White Paper Managing CLARiiON with SNMP on Powerlink (http://powerlink.emc.com). The White Paper includes a graphical representation of the CLARiiON SNMP trap object as well as the Fibre Alliance MIB.

Note       See related solutions emc70293, emc14347, and emc168137.

4 Posts

June 17th, 2014 22:00

hello!

If i want to  monitor VNX device‘s RAID information,how can i get Related OIDs?

4.5K Posts

June 19th, 2014 14:00

See the reply above - it mentions that this is for the VNX also.

glen

No Events found!