Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2011 21:00

admsnap for windows (for Flare code 4.29) / clone_deactivate issue

Hi all,

I'm looking for admsnap software for windows (for Flare code 4.29, CX4-960). I checked powerlink and found admsnap software for Flare 4.30. I tried installing this version on my client (despite the mismatch with my flare code), just to check. Installation was fine but I got an error during a clone_deactivate :

> admsnap clone_deactivate -o D:

Failed to deactivate the clone device on D:.
Error:  0x3E050026 (One or more lun objects could not be deactivated)

>admsnap list

D: => 60:06:01:60:21:1B:22:00:7A:98:7D:94:57:5B:E0:11

I have made sure that D: is not busy, but still I am getting this error. I am guessing this may be caused by using admsnap meant for a higher flare version?

Any idea? Where can I get an older version of admsnap?

Thanks in advance!

44 Posts

May 23rd, 2011 10:00

Hi There!

Here is the link for the snapview product (it is the admsnap app), it has several versions listed, including 4.29.  Hope this helps!

https://powerlink.emc.com/nsepn/webapps/btg548664833igtcuup4826/km/appmanager/km/secureDesktop?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=servicesDownloadsTemplatePg&internalId=0b01406680020311&_irrt=true

May 25th, 2011 06:00

The mismatch of admsnap you are running shouldn't be the culprit; however, by now you probably have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and matching the version with FLARE is generally ideal.  I know that you mentioned that you have made sure that nothing is accessing the drive, but this is in most cases the reason for the failure.  In addition to several separate (free) utilities that help identify what service/app might be accessing it, there is a KB article that runs through a quick list of some obvious and maybe not so obvious things to look for to serve as helpful reminders:

emc90130: "Services and applications that can prevent deactivating a snapshot volume or a clone LUN"

Also, you can enable additional debugging which remains active during that session which might provide more insight.  See the following KB article:

emc81937: "Why is admsnap activate or deactivate command returning error when Windows application fails to release drive letter?"

[...]

Running the deactivate command with the debugger set to high and capturing the output may help to isolate what is causing the failure:

Get the output of admsnap clone_deactivate with the debugger enabled. The debugger can be enabled using the following commands:

C:\ > set SNAP_DEBUG=0x1F
C:\ > admsnap commands here

The debug session will only be active for this command line screen.

[...]

4 Posts

May 31st, 2011 23:00

Hi there TCliven,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

However, when I go to the link it says : Snapview - There is no item available.

Any idea...?

Thanks!

Suze

Sorry it took me sometime to reply - I was on holiday...

4.5K Posts

June 1st, 2011 09:00

Have you tried here - all versions going back to release 14 are available. If you can't see them, then you should check you software registerations to ensure that adm is registered:

Home >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Support >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Software Downloads and Licensing >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Downloads S >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        SnapView

glen

No Events found!