Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 19th, 2010 07:00

CAVA Release Notes?

Can any of the EMC staffers provide the release notes for the various (recent) CAVA versions?  In my organization, there are several Celerras, managed by different groups all running different DARTs and CAVA releases.  It would nice to standardize some of these, if we knew what version(s) were best-suited to each DART/AD combination (some of us are 2008 AD domains, others are 2003 AD domains).

I'm a little bummed that the recent (current?) CAVA 4.5.2.2 basically it just an application with no release notes.

Thanks!

Karl

14 Posts

February 24th, 2010 13:00

Doc is currently working on the 4.5.2.2 release notes and plans on updating powerlink in the next week or two.

Dave

44 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 08:00

Karl,

You're right they don't have the latest release notes for CAVA 4.5.2.2, but they do have the 4.5.0.2 release notes I would assume that 4.5.2.2 is only maintance release rather than a feature release. As far as I know CAVA hasn't changed much since 3.6 the only thing that has changed is its inclussion into the Celerra Event Enabler, which got a major overhaul with version CEE v4.5 and DART 5.6.42. It supports advanced quota features provided by Northern Storage Suite of qouta managment.

You can get the CEE 4.5.0.2 release notes from Powerlink via

Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Hardware/Platforms Documentation > Celerra Network Server > Release Notes

Cheers!

Ayo

8.6K Posts

February 24th, 2010 11:00

Hi Karl,

I've been told that 4.5.2.2 only has a few bug fixes

in the future the plan is to update the release note with every release

Rainer

February 24th, 2010 13:00

Thanks to all of you for looking into this and getting back to me!

Karl

8.6K Posts

March 16th, 2010 04:00

Hi Karl,

FYI - new CEE 4.5.2.2 release notes have just been published Powerlink on March 10th

Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Hardware/Platforms Documentation > Celerra Network Server > Release Notes

Rainer

March 16th, 2010 07:00

Great!  I can see all of the older release notes are there as well.  I'm taking a look through them now - I can see when certain fixes were implemented, so I can recommend to my colleagues why they should upgrade to the right version.  Thanks again!

Karl

No Events found!