Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 2nd, 2012 12:00

Celerra CAVA Wildcard format for exclusions and masks

Hello,

I've been trying to get a set of extensions into the masks setting on our CAVA server using the EMC Celerra Management MMC and it won't accept anything other than a format such as *.ext or .ext .  Using *.ex? or *.ex* does not work.

Also, does anyone know of a way of bulk adding these into the interface?  Or am I going to have to use a work around to edit the viruschecker,conf file directly.

Thanks,

Tim

1.2K Posts

November 5th, 2012 10:00

Hi Tim -

I've never used the MMC extension for setting VC properties; I've always copied down the viruschecker.conf file and editted it on the control station.

You just use server_file -get viruschecker.conf , then edit it with the command "vi".  Unfortunately, the EMC control stations don't include newer text editors like pico, nano or even vim, so you'll want to read up on using vi.

Once you've editted your viruschecker.conf file, you can put it back on the datamover with server_file -put viruchecker.conf .  You tell the datamover to parse the new VC config file by using server_viruschk server_2 -update.

The nice thing about doing it from the command line, is that you can create very "exotic" VC exclusions with regular expressions.  Let us know if that helps!

Karl

24 Posts

November 5th, 2012 11:00

Instead of using vi, I ended up using the built in editor in winscp.  Which considering the change I wanted to I still could've pasted into the ssh client into the vi session.......too many ways to skin a cat, but that's what's all about,ain't it?  Thanks again

24 Posts

November 5th, 2012 11:00

Thanks, Karl.  I'll give that a shot.  I'd seen that solution before, just wanted to make sure it was the only way.  Seems a lot more flexible as well, and a little less painful.

1.2K Posts

November 6th, 2012 09:00

Glad to help - let us know how the exclusions works out!

No Events found!