Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 5th, 2014 02:00

Cellera Uber DM Setup

Ive been playing around with the Celerra Uber for the last few weeks with the following setup:

2GB Ram

x1 CPU (2 cores)

x1 Data mover

x1 Management NIC (eth0)

X1 Storage NIC (eth1 - cge0)

Ive now upgraded my test box so I can afford to give it some more RAM and enable x2 Data movers. So I set off building some more VM's with the following setup:

4.1GB Ram

x1 CPU (4 cores)

x2 Data movers

x1 Management NIC (eth0)

X1 Storage NIC (eth1 - cge0)

The question I have is if I have server_2 (DM1) as primary & then server_3 (DM2) as fail over, should I add another NIC for server_3 and give this its own networking? As well as looking to get this working Im also looking for best practise here.

Also can I increase / decrease RAM after the setup wizard has completed or will this cause issues?

Thanks

April 14th, 2014 07:00

Hi,

If server_2 is configured as primary and server_3 as standby/failover, then don't have to configure anything on server_3. You will have to connect server_3 (cge0 in this case) to the network so that once it failovers over, the same ipaddress/server will be available through server_3 and for RAM upgrades, depends on the Model which you have as different models of Celerra have thier limitation, but yes you can upgrade the hardware later if its in the supported by the Celerra model.

Thanks

Jyothi

18 Posts

April 20th, 2014 03:00

Thanks

No Events found!