Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2009 07:00

How to change permissions of CIFS-share from Linux via NFS

Hello,

i've created some filesystems on the NS20 and exported them via NFS and CIFS. Now i can see data written from Windows clients on the Linux box through an NFS mount of this volume. The users are mapped by the internal usermapper of the datamover, so i only see numerical user- and group-IDs.

I wonder how to see the usernames/groupnames and also the ACL rights, or change them from the Linux side. This is because i have several processes creating/moving data from the Linux system. My NS20 is Active Directory integrated.

Any hints?

8.6K Posts

December 18th, 2009 12:00

if you want to change the Unix/Windows owner you have to use specific user mapping instead of internal user mapper

either local DM files, ntxmap, NIS or AD integrated user mapping

to change that for existing accounts is not a simple task though - you need to cleanup secmap plus fix all the owner/perms on existing files for that user

you can change the ACL's from Unix using the emcgetsd/emcsetsd utils on the Tools&Apps CD

or maybe with NFSv4 - but that also assume a complete explicit user mapping

what exactly that changes depends on your file system access policy - but I guess you are using the default NATIVE

if its just because of access denied issues when reading CIFS created files from NFS you can either set the umask for the share or work as root though

Rainer

No Events found!