Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2009 05:00

Replicate v2 network/performance

Env: Rep v2, Nas code: 5.6.44
Network: 1000mbps/full duplex,FSN(cge0/cge1) device
network bandwidth: 1gbps
We performed the testing for one FS replicate and the transfer rate was about 20MB/s. How can we improve the performance?? Is it possible to reach up to 100MB/s??

8.6K Posts

September 1st, 2009 01:00

I dont think you'll get 100MB/s for a single file system transfer

more than 20 should be possible depending on the setup.
it also depends on what you measure - if you measure a nearly empty file system the numbers look lower since you're transferring mostly metadata

I would look if the network side is ok and maybe think about using jumbo frames

50 Posts

September 1st, 2009 07:00

Hi Rainer,

For the full copy(metadata),the transfer rate is about 10MB/s.
Then,what's the recommend nubmer of filesystems to be tranferred at the same time if the network bandwidth is 1gbps?
The NS480 we setup is 33TB of capacity. Is it proper we setup 6 FS * 4TB/FS , 2 FS/DM and the rest use for ckpt?

We have no ideas about using jumbo frames,how to setup it in Celerra?

Thanks!

8.6K Posts

September 1st, 2009 09:00

that sounds reasonable
incremental transfers are going to be much less data than the initial full transfer

It really depends on a lot of factors like loopback vs. remote, number of disks and how much they are "re-used", type of disks, ...

For Jumbo frames - see the Configuring and Managing EMC Celerra Networking
you need to make sure though that you're switches support a MTU of 9000 and that all the clients on that subnet are set to 9000

In general I would recommend to verify using the Celerra and switch stats that your network is clean and not dropping packets

You local EMC technical contact should have more info to advice you on the config.
No Events found!