Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 3rd, 2010 05:00

Unified Storage , LUNs

I have few basic questions with Celerra. I only experienced celerra simulator.

1. As i understand as celerra is a unified storage array, is it possibe that can i create a LUN on the backed clariion array and assign to a host through SAN? If yes, for this activity, do i need to use Navisphere, or i can do this from celerra manager ?
  2. With Celerra Unified integarted model, is it possible to reconfigure/add an IP to SPs and connect to the user LAN so that navisphere can be accessable from  the user network.
  3. With Integrated modesl, how the connections will be for various components? Is it a loop connection from SPs<->DAE<->Blades, or in any model a SAN switch will be used for different connections ?

Please anyone answer to my questions. Thank you.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

February 3rd, 2010 08:00

take a look at this discussion, see if Rainer's reply makes it more clear.

https://community.emc.com/message/385767

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

February 3rd, 2010 06:00

1) Fibre enabled model you can provision LUNs to SAN attached hosts. You will be using Navisphere for that work.

2) Not on intigrated model, on integrated model everything is done through Celerra Manager

3) Connection is the same for Integrated/FC model , the only difference is that FC model has a lot more ports on the backend so you can connect those to your switches.  Your blades connect directly to the ports on SP.

11 Posts

February 3rd, 2010 07:00

"on integrated model everything is done through Celerra Manager"

So a LUN provisioning to a SAN attached host can be done through celerra manager on the Integrated model ?

11 Posts

What is a FC enabled model ? Please can you clarify.

As per my knowledge, celerra comes in to two flavovers, one is integrated model (NX4, NS120, NS480 and NS960), and onther is gateway model.

I am looking for more information on NX4, NS120, NS480 and NS960.

As per emc website, the celerra integrated model provides both block access (FC and iSCSI), and IP access (NFS, CIFS).

I understand that IP management tasks will be done through Celerra Manager.

How to do the block management tasks, Like LUN provisioning to a external SAN connected hosts, mirrorring LUNs, etc.. ?

Thank you.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

on integrated model you can not attach any external hosts, only on the FC enabled model.

11 Posts

Thank you. My doubt is cleared now.

So, i will assume that NS-120FC, NS-480FC and NS-960FC models provides both FC and IP services.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

You got it

This e-mail message (including any attachments) is for the sole use of

the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged

information. If the reader of this message is not the intended

recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution

or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly

prohibited.

If you have received this message in error, please contact

the sender by reply e-mail message and destroy all copies of the

original message (including attachments).

No Events found!