Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 12th, 2014 00:00

root_disk back-end migration

Hello,

I must decommission a raid group on my CX4-480. the only thing is that it holds root_disk of my NSX.

does NSX root disk support back-end lun migration like any other hosts?

of course the destination raidgroup will be symmetrical as the source one (RAID5 4+1)

many thanks

Eric

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

February 12th, 2014 20:00

Product: Celerra File Server (CFS)
Product: CLARiiON
Perform a CLARiiON LUN migration on a Celerra server.                                           
CLARiiON LUN Migrations are supported, but only under the following criteria. These are restrictions which MUST be followed carefully, otherwise data outages or data loss can be incurred.  A LUN migration is supported when migrating the control volumes as part of a CX to CX3 upgrade. This is normally a Professional Services engagement; an RPQ is no longer required, but a CCA is required.  Celerra boot LUNs 0-5 should reside on the CLARiiON Vault drives. When LUNs in a Celerra storage group are greater than an HID of 15, the following rules apply to LUN migrations with regards to data LUNs:
  • The RAID type is the same (for example, RAID 5 RAID5, or RAID 3  RAID 3)

(NOT RAID 5 -> RAID 3 or RAID 3 -> RAID5)
  • The drive type is similar.

(FC allowed to FC), (ATA allowed to ATA)
  • The number of the physical drives in the RAID group is the same.

(Source and target RAID groups)
  • The source and target LUNs must be identical size

(According to block count size, not MB size)
The following CLARiiON software features are not supported for LUNs that are being used by a Celerra server, unless noted by an RPQ:
  • CLARiiON metaLUNs
  • Navisphere SnapView
  • Navisphere Snap Clones
  • Navisphere MirrorView is supported in NAS version 5.5.23.2 or later (NAPA 3), and a RPQ is required.
  • CLARiiON RAID group expansions

February 17th, 2014 06:00

Hi Kevin,

thank you very much for this detailed answer.

every thing went just fine.

thank you again

Eric

No Events found!