Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2012 22:00

Centera monitoring and reporting

Hi

I have 6 Centera clusters of which it is now expected to do monitoring and reporting on for "Capacity Planning"

The normal reporting on space availabe and space used "SHOW CAPACITY AVAIL" is no longer enough.

I need to report on the following as well on a weekly/monthly basis

Average Read Speeds for 24 hour period (I can then use this to compile an avergae weekly and monthly read speed)

Average Write Speeds for 24 hour period (I can then use this to compile an avergae weekly and monthly write speed)

Average CPU utilization for a 24 hour preriod

Amount of data written in last 24 hours

Amount of data read/restored in last 24 hours

The SHOW UTILIZATION does provide some stats but over what period of time are these stats ?

1. Is it possible to obtain these stats?

2. What commands can be used from CLI to obtain this?

3. Is it possible to get these stats mailed on a daily basis thus scheduled in a report?

16 Posts

January 18th, 2012 01:00

Hi Bashanta

This has all been setup and I get my daily Health Report.

Capacity I do once a week manually using Centera Viewer

The problem is that the following one dont get from the report

Average CPU utilization for a 24 hour preriod

Amount of data written in last 24 hours

Amount of data read/restored in last 24 hours

The SHOW UTILIZATION does give some stats but over what period of time is that.

Still it also does not show overall network and CPU uitilzation

From what I can gather up to now it seems there is no way to pull this information. I can only hope that the new ProSphere will be able to but till then seems there is nothing

337 Posts

January 18th, 2012 01:00

Hello Andre,

I would suggest, using Centera Console for the Reports and Configure your Centera Viewer for regular Health reports mails.

Regards

Bashanta Phukon

Note: The Centera console software is available for download only for EMC Centera Customers; you may have to register your product for this access:

Powerlink>Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads C > Centera Console Software

337 Posts

January 18th, 2012 02:00

Hi Andre,

You may Monitor CPU Temperature using Centera console:

Log in to Centera Console using the same credintials of CV Select the cluster in the left pane>Properties>Node>Click on the node>Hardware, the CPU temp is displayed in the bottom pane.

In case of a high temp alert, you may refer to Alert History or:

• Select the New Alerts screen if not already selected. In the Detail pane, the Go To panel displays the affected cluster. 
  • Select the Cluster link. The Clusters Properties view is displayed with the affected cluster highlighted.

• Select the Nodes Properties view to analyze the affected node.

• Select the Hardware tab from the Detail pane. This displays the temperature of the CPU's.

Regards,

Bashanta Phukon.

216 Posts

February 2nd, 2012 03:00

Hi Andre,

We can see the CPU load from Centera Viewer itself.Right Click on any Node from the Node list and Choose "Coloumns",there you'll have an option to Check the CPU load.

Right Click --> Node --> coloumns -- > Check CPU Load.

Regards

Satish.N.Kutty

No Events found!