Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2012 06:00

Centera to Centera migration

Hi,

A customer of mine is planning to buy new hardware and wants to migrate their data from the old Centera cluster to the new one. I'm not familiar with this sort of operations so I have a few questions.

- I guess that EMC provides the necessary tool to migrate data from one cluster to a new one ? What is the name of this tool ?

- does this migration keep the ClipIDs unchanged or do we need to update application database with new ones ?

- is it possible to "filter" (for example to not migrate test data written on a specific pool) ? or to not migrate specific ClipIDs that were stored with too long a retention ?

- they may get 2 new Centeras, one for dev and tests, one for production, is it possible to migrate to both of them (according to pool) ?

Best regards,

41 Posts

March 5th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

- AFAIK EMC doesn't provide a customer-operated tool for inter-cluster migrations, they only provide it as a service, but you might want to check with the official channels for a definitive answer

- migration keeps the ClipIds unchanged.

- There is no technical reason why you shouldn't be able to migrate subsets and to multiple clusters, but I don't know if EMC includes this in their service offering, so please check with EMC for more details.

Regards,

Kim Marivoet

No Events found!