Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2011 19:00

Data migration from one centera to other

Hi all,

I have a centera which has data around 15 tera bytes . I want to migrate all the data from this centera to other centera. Can you guide me on how to procees as I am a newbie to centera.......

thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 4th, 2011 10:00

There is a feature in Centera called Restore that should help you accomplish this.  Take a look in the online help included in Centera Viewer for more information.

John

124 Posts

February 16th, 2011 13:00

Restore (from pool) is dependant on a healthy source cluster. Specifically, internal databases must be intact and not reinitializing.

Other migration tools are available to EMC Professional services that do not depend on the health of the source cluster. Specifically, a tool called c2c or cascopy

When migrating from one Centera to another, I would recommend basing the migration off of a complete clip listing from all applications using the Centera.

This will ensure that you are only migrating referenced application content (user data) and not disassociated clips replaced by the application with a new clip without deleting the old clip nor any internal audit logs etc. This will also ensure that all clips referenced by the application are migrated.

March 1st, 2011 07:00

Hi

We typically do the following:

export all pools/profiles on the old systems

import all pools/profile on the new systems

distribute the .pea files over all (old and new) systems to the applications

configure chain replication

restore from old to new

restore between new

Restore based on a cliplist or at least validate the cliplist from the applications on the new systems to make sure all referenced objects are existing on the new systems.

Then create .pea files for the new systems and use these and the new ip addresses in the application.

Best regards, Holger

No Events found!