Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 12th, 2009 08:00

How to test Centerastar 4.0.1

Hi,

we are currently updating Centerastar from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1. We have checked with EMC documents and our Centera SDK versions seem to be compatible. However, to minimize risk we would still like to test our Centera SDKs (bundled in IBM Filenet P8 3.5.x) with the new Centerastar version. In order to perform such a test I was told a central EMC Centera test instance exists which is available for such tests. The idea is that we would just have to link some of our Centera SDK's to the EMC Centera Box which has 4.0.1 installed to see if it works.

My questions

- does such a test centera box exist?

- how to access this box? connection string?

- other ideas / comments?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Best regards

Adrian

417 Posts

January 21st, 2009 04:00

Hi Adrian - unfrotuinately we cannot offer any additional "paths" to the online clusters. You will need to request that your network admin opens the ports and secures / limits them at your end via whatever means are deemed appropriate.

10 Posts

Hi Zeeshan,

that was quick, thank you very much! I'm checking with our admin but I guess your reply already solved this issue.

Best regards

Adrian

136 Posts

Hi Adrian,

We refer to the setup as "Centera Online Clusters" and you can access the list of available clusters, usage policy, connection strings and necessary PEA files here.

From the list of available clusters US2 is running CentraStar 4.0.1. please download the appropriate PEA files to test your application connectivity.

Thanks,

Zeeshan

10 Posts

January 21st, 2009 03:00

Hi again,

We were just about to test the Centerastar 4.0.1 online but then it turned out that our firewall is blocking the communication.

Does a "firewall proof way" of connecting to the EMC Test Centerastar 4.0.1 exist which could be used? e.g. a http tunnel software or VPN / similar?

Which options could EMC provide to support?

Thank you very much & best regards

Adrian

10 Posts

January 27th, 2009 07:00

Thank you very much & this is what we are doing now!

Best regards

Adrian

No Events found!