Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 20th, 2009 02:00

Retention period expiration (XAM + java sdk)

Hi,

Using the supplied java samples, I can see that once the retention period of an XSet is expired (xSystem.isXSetRetained(xuID); returns false) the retention is always enabled on the set:

Retained: false

EVENT RETENTION:
Duration: 600000 milliseconds    Enabled: Yes

So if the management policy set is "AutoDelete=false", what happens to the set, the "Event retention" should not be cleared ?

What happens I we want to apply/create another "event" retention scheme ?

Regards,

David.

417 Posts

November 20th, 2009 03:00

Yes - I answered this in your other forum post.

https://community.emc.com/message/433258#433258

Thanks,

I have another question, is it possible to reset/renew retention once it have expired ?

417 Posts

Enabled means that the Retention has been set up and made "active". This is completely different from Retained, which means that it has a retention duration that has not yet expired. The enabled state has no relevance for an auto.delete property.

Be aware that while you may set auto.delete, it is not mandated by the XAM specification that the XSystem honours this request. Indeed, you should check if it is supported on the XSystem you use before you rely on this feature.

Centera does not support Auto Delete.

You can extend an existing retention by setting a new (longer) value and, assuming you have made the retention duration non-binding, the same XUID will be retained.

No Events found!