Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2010 09:00

XUID and CLIP ID

I am using XAM apis to push a file to centera, which returns XUID.

When I view centera, I get Clip ID.

Is there a way to co-relate XUID and Clip Id?

Or an api to get Clip ID from XUID or XUID from Clip ID?

417 Posts

June 1st, 2010 04:00

What do you mean by "when I view the Centera"?

If you are referring to the Clip Browser demo application, this does not support XAM. You should not be attemtping to manipulate / access any XAM stored content using Centera SDK based applications. This is most definitely not supported and results can be unpredictable.

If you are using XAM apis to "push" the content, then you must also use them to "pull" it back!

2 Posts

June 1st, 2010 06:00

The issue is we are using EMC Centera VIM (xam apis) to push files to centera, which returns XUID.

Customer also has C Clip browser application to see browse / verify files on centera.

How do we relate the XUID to Clip ID? This is required to ensure the xam apis & client application which calls xam apis are pushing the file correctly.

Is there a XUID Browser too?

417 Posts

June 1st, 2010 07:00

No - as I stated, if you are storing data on the cluster using XAM, then I presume you also have an application that reads the data back. This application must use the XAM APIs.

The shXAM tool (https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-2542) allows you to examine / interrogate an XSystem and would enable you to check / view the XSets that have been created.

No Events found!