Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2014 01:00

VNX integration with CTA

Hi folks,

I have VNX 5300 and CTA. I already integrated CENTERA with CTA for archiving purpose.

I want steps to configure VNX with CTA and VNX is the source.

It was asking for CIFS and NTP, however i am using UNIX host for VNX also when i gave the name of VNX it is not reslving the IP address...

please suggest

8.6K Posts

March 4th, 2014 06:00

Hi,

what is it that you want to use CTA for ?

Rainer

1 Rookie

• 

51 Posts

March 4th, 2014 07:00

Hi,

I want to use CTA for archiving, from VNX to CENTERA

8.6K Posts

March 4th, 2014 08:00

Ok – then I suggest to follow the documentation

See https://support.emc.com/docu48597_Cloud-Tiering-Appliance-and-Cloud-Tiering-Appliance-VE-10.0-(SP1)-Getting-Started-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

Basically you need to:

- Configure the VNX part – FilerMover / DHSM and CIFS / NFS

- Configure CTA with VNX details and Centera config

Rainer

1 Rookie

• 

51 Posts

March 5th, 2014 03:00

Dear all,

i followed the guide, however VNX is not communicating with CTA.... able to ping the CTA IP.
When both are added in the DNS server, even the nslookup not resoluting the CTA...

Tried opening a ticket with VNX team, however they replied that they will work only with breakfix and not in configuration..
Can someone help me...

Thanks,
Paul

25 Posts

March 5th, 2014 09:00

Ensure both forward and reverse lookup has been configured.

Check your Data Mover DNS resolution.  For example, to check Data Mover DNS, you can use command "server_dns server_2".

You may need to add a default route to the Data Mover.  You can add the default route/gateway with "server_route server_2 -add default ".

-Scott

1 Rookie

• 

51 Posts

March 5th, 2014 21:00

Hi,

Now i am getting CCD authentication failed,  however the file mover authentication was successful..
i have created the user name rffm and also created the same in celera given administrator role for this login.. still i am getting the authentication failure msg...

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 6th, 2014 01:00

Hi Paul,

The CTA Getting Started Guide can be difficult to follow but all you need to set up the CTA is in there so go over all the steps again and likely you missed something.

Presumung that you can now forward and reverse lookup all the hostnames, i.e. the hostname entered into the CCD config in the VNX file server, please check the following.

Have you setup the CCD service via the CLI? (ccdsetup init_rffm)

Have you configured the HTTP settings on the VNX? put the CTA IP and filemover user name in to the allowed hosts and users? server_http server_2 -info

If you still are having issue, open an SR with the CTA support team and not the VNX team. CTA team will deal with new configs.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Peter

No Events found!