Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2017 02:00

Networker add CloudBoost failed

Hi all,

We installed the CloudBoost. And when I add CB to Networker, the error occurred "cannot retrieve the version of the CB Appliance". How to solve this problem?

January 5th, 2017 11:00

Have you tried the steps in the NetWorker manual for that error?

Troubleshooting CloudBoost device configuration issues

This section provides information about error messages that might appear when you configure the NetWorker device on the CloudBoost appliance.

Cannot retrieve the version of the CloudBoost appliance

This error message appears when the NetWorker server cannot determine the version of NetWorker running on the CloudBoost appliance.

To resolve this issue, ensure that:

l The NetWorker daemon nsrexecd is started on the appliance. From an SSH terminal, type ps -ef | grep nsr, and confirm that the nsrexecd process appears.

If the nsrexecd daemon does not appear, type sudo networker start to start the nsrexecd process on the appliance.

l Forward and reverse name resolution is correctly configured for the CloudBoost appliance and the NetWorker server host.

52 Posts

January 5th, 2017 17:00

I didn't find that I can access CloudBoost with any user to executing the command. so how can I sovle this problem? And if the CloudBoost have no the  nsrexecd process and the networker service didn't exist, how to sovle it?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 18th, 2017 06:00

To run some diagnostic commands to check connectivity, you can SSH into the CloudBoost CLI as the user admin.

To run the ps -ef | grep nsr, you'll need to SSH into CB as the user maginatics.

To enable that maginatics user, you'll need to log in as the user admin.

Then run this command: ssh-access enable

Then, you can SSH as the user maginatics to run the needed commands.

Just be sure, when you are finished, to run ssh-access disable to turn off that maginatics password.

No Events found!