Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 30th, 2017 10:00

Change default server for new volumes in Storage Manger 2016 R3

We have a SC4020 running SCOS 7.x and when we first got it, it picked up the first server cluster as the default selection when creating volumes to make things easy. We have since retired that cluster and deleted it from Storage Manager and now we have to select the new cluster every time when we create a new volume and it's super annoying adding several unnecessary clicks. I've hunted through all the preferences and options I could find and couldn't turn up anything. Does anyone know if this is possible, even through some kind of registry or config file hack?  Here's the screen i'm talking about for reference

16 Posts

July 12th, 2017 11:00

I decided to take matters into my own hands and dig into the powershell sdk, apparently the preference is available that way. Here's what I did (after downloading the powershell sdk from copilot). It could probably be written a bit better but it did the trick

$conn = Connect-DellAPIConnection -Hostname yourdatacollector -User "yourusername"
$ser = Get-DellScServer -Connection $conn -Name "YourServerName"
Get-DellSCUser -Connection $conn -Name "username you want to change preferences for" | select InstanceId
$prefs = Get-DellScUserPreferences -Connection $conn -InstanceId "InstanceID from Get-DellSCUser"
Set-DellScUserPreferences -Connection $conn -Instance $prefs -Server $ser

• 

7.1K Posts

June 30th, 2017 14:00

Hello petermie,

Are you using multiple Proflies for you SC or no?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

16 Posts

June 30th, 2017 15:00

No, just the one. It's mainly myself as the administrator

• 

7.1K Posts

July 3rd, 2017 13:00

Hello petermie,

You can change your setting for that in your profile settings in storage manager. Once it is changed in the profile then it should make it so that all new volumes are created correctly.

16 Posts

July 5th, 2017 11:00

Ok, maybe i'm missing something somewhere or am going through the wrong menu somehow but I don't seem to have that option, going through Edit Storage Center Settings -> Users and User Groups -> Select user, Edit Settings -> Configure User Preferences

• 

7.1K Posts

July 7th, 2017 15:00

Hello petermie,

I am still looking into this for you. I should have an update here for you shortly.

July 11th, 2017 20:00

When configuring via the GUI you could set a default server to be used when creating Volumes. In DSM it is no longer available as an option. I think you should call and ask for an enhancement request to be added for this option.

No Events found!