Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2013 12:00

New Compellent

i am adding a new Compellent to my existing VMware environment connected to a EMC array.  Can I zone the compellent to the existing HBAs used for the EMC?

685 Posts

November 12th, 2013 12:00

You can use the same HBA just need to make sure the ports on the HBA are zoned out correctly so the EMC has its own Zone and ports, and the Compellent has its own Zone and ports.

November 13th, 2013 04:00

Just so I understand correctly I have HOST 1 with an HBA and 2 ports.  Both of these ports are going to the EMC for redundancy and are multi-pathed for performance and I am using single initiator zoning.

So I can leave that all in place but just add new zones in my switch from both HOST 1 ports to the compellent using single initiator zoning?

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

November 13th, 2013 07:00

I'd recommend to use single initiator, single target zoning. This means that each zone only has 2 members; HBA port and 1 SAN port (World Wide Port Name). This is even more important if you plan to do any kind of replication.

November 13th, 2013 08:00

Thanks everyone for the information I never had 2 arrays going to a single host before and just wanted to be sure I was looking at this in the right frame of mind.

No Events found!