Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 11th, 2016 09:00

Storage Center & Joining Directory Services

I am trying to join our Storage Center to our domain.  I have the configuration correct and when I run "Test Servers" it completes successfully.  I then attempt to join with a domain admin username/pass, but it continues to fail with:

Summary:
Join domain failed for host:

Cause:
Join domain failed for host:

Very vague detail.  Has anyone seen activity like this?

1 Message

October 27th, 2016 09:00

Just ran into this same issue. Was able to join by using...

DOMAIN\USER and the password.

26 Posts

February 19th, 2016 13:00

What storage center version are you running? I believe there were wonky issues before 6.x.

February 23rd, 2016 06:00

I'll jump in on this one too. Getting same results, running version 6.6.5.19a

• 

7.1K Posts

March 23rd, 2016 14:00

Hello cdgrant,

The Username/Password that you are using to join to try to join the domain is that also the same username/password that is used to connect to your SCOS?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

9 Posts

April 8th, 2016 05:00

Same problem here. I finally got the Data Collector joined to AD but cannot get the Storage Center joined at all and I know everything inputted is correct.

This is with 6.7.5.5 and I've tried direct through the web admin and also the Enterprise Manager.

Don;t think I've ever had this amount of hassle adding something to the domain before.

Do I need to be logged into Enterprise Manager as my domain account as currently just using the local Admin account?

4 Operator

• 

1.9K Posts

May 14th, 2016 01:00

Same problem too. It doent matter if we try to add EM DataCollector or SC it always fails. Tried a with a couple of SC4000 and SCv2000 in different environments. I can setup and manage a KACE with all the LDAP voodoo and filters but struggle with SC :(

Regards,
Joerg

52 Posts

August 23rd, 2016 08:00

Try to:

1. disable IPv6 on NIC of the desktop on which you run EM

2. use 32-bit JAVA

No Events found!