Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2008 13:00

overlap in domains while attempting to connect two existing fabric

When I try to trunk two switches together to create the ISLs, I receive this error message from the TrunkFailure - domainOverlapIsolation. I look up the Reference Guide and it's pointing to - There is a overlap in domains while attempting to connect two existing fabrics.

I try to force change the Domain IDs of each switch statically, but it didn't apply the changes.

2nd question is when I create the new VSAN - let say 100, the existing port channels which is already assign to VSAN 2, will now also have VSAN 100 in them. If I get rid of the VSAN 100 from the ISLs, the error warning message - "trunk not fully configured". Is that okay to leave alone, until we have totally remove the old vsan 2?

141 Posts

November 28th, 2017 06:00

Hi there,

In our effort s to clean up the forum, we came across your question / statement.

If the question / statement is still valid, not expired and you need an update please reach out again and we try to get it answered.

As for now we set it to “answered.”

Regards,

Jim

33 Posts

November 10th, 2008 05:00

- You will have to check the Domain ID' s for VSAN's on both switches. (Changing domain ID for a switch might be an offline event)
- Trunck not fully configured just tell's you that there are VSAN's that are not making use of the trunk

November 26th, 2008 08:00

Do you have your Domain IDs set to static or preferred? If you don't need them statically set, setting them to preferred should resolve the issue. If you need static domain ids, you can also resolve the problem with IVR NAT.

Thank you.
No Events found!