Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

4 Posts

November 29th, 2018 03:00

Amazing lack of support

My AIO Inspiron desktop pc was purchased 6 months ago, it runs latest version of Windows10. Last time Dell support was run and worked was 28th October, since then every attempt to run support assist has failed not getting passed 0%. Now I understand many customers have had problems, with various fixes not working for them, so I contacted Dell customer support this morning. After giving my details and support numbers, including 'EXPRESS SERVICE CODE' the response from Dell support chat agent amazed me.... 1) sorry we can't help you with this problem, go back to retailer (PC World UK) 2) Search on line and try different fixes. In all my years I have never known such a complete and utter waste of time, Dell call this customer support?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 29th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused & will be glad to assist you with this.

Does the Support Assist launch without any errors or is there an error when diagnosing?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

4 Posts

November 30th, 2018 03:00

No error, just stays on 0% and does not run

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 30th, 2018 06:00

Please share the service tag on a private message. I will run the tag on the Support Assist internal tool & assist you further.

4 Posts

December 2nd, 2018 01:00

@SreejithR wrote:

Please share the service tag on a private message. I will run the tag on the Support Assist internal tool & assist you further.

Hi... any update on resolving this problem?

December 2nd, 2018 20:00

Omg clearly they don’t give a **bleep** about their customers. I called dell roughly 3-5 separate times about a product i ordered which keeps having a delayed ship date and the last time that i was “assured” my product would arrive as scheduled, i asked to speak to a supervisor and after waiting on the phone for 30 minutes, a supervisor picked up the phone and promptly hung it up. Cancelling my order and telling my huge social media following never to order a single product from dell ever again.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 4th, 2018 12:00

Hi, 

I had sent a private message with the below steps. I will share it again please try this. 

"Thank you for the tag details. Please try the following steps.

1. Clear ALL SupportAssist, SupportAssistAgent, PCDr, PC-Doctor, My Dell, Dell Support Center, Dell Data Vault  folders from:
     a.
     b. C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell
     c. C:\ProgramData
     d. %APPDATA%
     e. C:\Windows\Temp
    2. Ensure the "Dell SupportAssist" service and DDV services are not present in Services.msc. If present, delete them.
    3. Reboot the system 
    4. Install Support Assist from this  link 
    5. If the issue is still not resolved, please go to Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application and look for error events around the time the installation failed (Look for Event source - "SupportAssistAgent" and "MSIInstaller"). Please share details of these error Event logs (.evtx file) with me.

No Events found!