Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2014 11:00

Amazon purchased Dell Stylus, no Dell warranty?

Could someone please help me with a warranty issue! I purchased a Dell Stylus model 750-AADH from Antonline.com through Amazon.com back in April (I can provide the receipt) which worked wonderfully for a few months but has since quite working. I first called Antonline to see about exchange it but only provide the typical 30 day return and said I would have to contact Dell for replacement. I called dell support and talked to 6 people at 4 different departments who were ultimately unable to help me because I was not provided a dell order number with my purchase and there is no service tag on the item. I also perused a resolution through Facebook/ email with Shridhar Mohan at Dell who was also unable to help me for similar reasons. I have contacted Antonline to see if they could provide me a dell order number for the stylus and was told they do not have access to them. The stylus says it was manufactured in March of 2014 so I imagine it should be covered by the manufacturers warranty but I have no idea how to go about getting it replaced. I am very disappointed with the customer service experience so far. It used to be if you had an issue with a product a sales receipt was enough for a manufacturer to honor the warranty.  Please someone help.

Thanks,
Markus Lott

1 Message

July 28th, 2014 21:00

If the production came from Amazon or other resellers, i assume they has difficultly to provide the dell order number to you.

but you can provide the PPID to dell technical support agent. you can unscrew the pan and you can see the white label, which mark "CN-0XXXX-XXXXX-XXX-XXXX" something like that. and DELL agent should counter check the order number and they can replace it if the device is malfunction.

or you can post it to technical forums because this is customer care board. and firmware upgrade/reset might can help the issue either...i guess...

PS: i'm not the DELL technician for a long time and my comment just for reference.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 29th, 2014 08:00

The manufacturer PPID serial number is not tied to any Dell number (order, customer, tag). Items purchased from the Dell website have a 90 day warranty starting from the Dell invoice date. Since it was not purchased from Dell, there is no Dell warranty.

10 Posts

July 29th, 2014 09:00

Are you seriously telling me that Dell as a manufacture only provides a warranty on products sold through the Dell website? From the information available on the dell website "the end user, me, is entitled to at least a minimum 90 day hardware warranty. I should be entitled to the limited hardware warranty regardless of where I purchase it from. I tried to have initiate the warranty service with Shridhar TM via email (I have proof) on 7/10/2014 and the item was purchased on 4/16/2014 which is 85 days.  Here is my logic; if I buy a Black&Decker toaster from Walmart and it breaks past Walmart's 30 day return/exchange period but is less than a year old I can have Black and Decker replace the toaster under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty even though I didn't purchase it from their website. (They really do sell stuff on their site. I checked.) Typically you provide proof of the date of purchase via the receipt then you're good to go.  Does what I'm saying make sense? So will you Dell also not honor the 1 year manufacturer warranty listed on the following websites selling the stylus?

http://www.microcenter.com/product/423747/Active_Stylus_Pen_for_Venue_11_Pro_and_Venue_8_Pro

http://www.abt.com/product/77488/DELL-750AADH.html?utm_source=scfroogle&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=750AADH

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G1S86579&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-Laptop+Cases+%26+Bags-_-9SIA24G1S86579&ef_id=U0gWYgAABXF5hKT7:20140729154532:s

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

July 29th, 2014 13:00

BobsledOhio

The manufacture is warranting that item, not Dell, for a year.  If something goes wrong with it, it's the responsibility of the manufacturer not Dell to fix it.  I don't understand why you are concerned with Dell covering this, if the maker warranty it for one year?  Can you explain why you're concerned?

Z

10 Posts

July 29th, 2014 14:00

The stylus that is not working is a "Dell" stylus. Dell is the manufacturer and is the entity responsible for fixing it. I am concerned with Dell covering this because they are the one who made the product. Here is a link to the stylus on their website for clarification. In my case dell is the hardware manufacturing company and not the seller. The seller's return/exchange window has lapsed which is why I'm seeking a solution through Dell's limited hardware warranty for the stylus. I'm concerned because I have bought thousands of dollars worth of computers, tablets, etc made by Dell over the years and I feel like no longer cares about customer service and is willing to loose me as a customer over a $30 stylus they made that is defective.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

July 29th, 2014 14:00

The stylus that is not working is a "Dell" stylus. Dell is the manufacturer and is the entity responsible for fixing it. I am concerned with Dell covering this because they are the one who made the product.

BobsledOhio

Who said this or where did you read it, that is not true.  Had you bought it from Dell it would be a different story perhaps but you didn't.

Please show me  where it says what is in green writing. 

Z

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 29th, 2014 15:00

Try emailing them the Amazon receipt and the serial number. Maybe they can do something when they see it is inside of 90 days from the purchase date. As far as the Forum goes, we cannot overstep the policy that four departments have based their decision on.

10 Posts

Customer Service was one of the 4 departments that I talked to on the phone. Two people in that department were unwilling to do anything for me without  a Dell Order number which I do not have since I bought the stylus from a reseller and not Dell.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

All you can do is try. Contact Customer Service, not Technical Support. Provide to them the date of purchase and the pen serial number.

10 Posts

Just because I bought a Dell manufactured product from an entity other than Dell does not mean I'm not entitled to the manufacturer's warranty. See the Black and Decker example above. I bought the item new  and it malfunctioned in an unacceptable amount of time. Why would the manufacturer not have to make this right by the person who purchased and would like to use their product? As for where it is written the package refers me to dell.com/servicecontracts which leads me to here http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/solutions/limited-hardware-warranties. The whole thing is a great read but specifically bullet point #11 and the second to last paragraph both are reference below.

"Other add-on hardware carries longer hardware warranty of either a 1-year limited hardware warranty for new parts and a 90-day limited hardware warranty for reconditioned parts or, for both new and reconditioned parts, the remainder of the warranty for the Dell product on which such parts are installed."

"If you purchased through a retailer (not directly from Dell), you may be required to provide Dell with your original sales receipt from your purchase to receive any warranty service from Dell."

10 Posts

July 29th, 2014 16:00

Well i tried the email link you provided but the form doesn't allow you to submit the email without a Dell order number. Is there a direct email I can send my receipt t to rather than going through the form? Who can i go to if the customer support isn't willing to work with me? Also, where did you find the warranty to be 90 days per the post above it appears to be 1 year.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 29th, 2014 17:00

1 year warranty for a $34.99 item? I was told by a Care Representative it was 90 days. I do not know of a direct email. It appears that all our forms require a Dell number. All you can do is call in and press your case. There is nothing we in the Forum can do.

No Events found!