Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 3rd, 2014 18:00

Another missing laptop by Dells Alienware Trade-in Program

I traded my laptop to Dell on 10/22/13. I then received an email on 11/14/2013 that Dell has received my laptop and then I got another email on 11/14/2013 that my trade-in was approved and the money that was agreed upon would be send to my account in 30 days. Well it is now 1-3-2013 and the $620 that was agreed upon has not been put into my account. This seems to be happening to a lot of people and not only me. I have tried to email, chat, and phone Dell about this matter and the funny thing is No one even knows about this trade-in program. Who am I supposed to talk to on this matter. I either want my money or my laptop back. Right now Dell has my property.

33 Posts

January 11th, 2014 08:00

Xabiss, you are not the only one. I received the email, promising payment within 30 days on Nov 11th, still nothing.

Emailed on Dec 29th- got a promise of expediting payment- still nothing

Emailed again Jan 2nd- no response

Alienware/Dell customer agents to include a manager have been nothing but rude and ignorant.

The 609 area code number they give is for a contracted 3rd Party who verifies systems submitted (and the only polite people encountered). I was informed they verified and submitted my info for payment on 18 Nov.

But be aware that this goes through Germany (which seems to be the source of the hold-up), but there is no one in Alienware proper (in Florida) that has responsibility for this, highly advertised program on their website.

I'm almost to the point of wondering if filing a police report for fraud or theft  in FL would get a response, since they have now had my laptop for over 2 months.

It just may be time to return the M17x, Venue 11 Pro and peripherals and find a company that has a sense of corporate integrity.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 3rd, 2014 21:00

The website states, "you’ll receive cash via bank transfer for your system’s value within 40 days.". That is business days, not weekends. So it should not be until 1/9/14.

UPDATE -  It is supposed to be 30 calendar (not 40 and not business) days. The site will be corrected.

19 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 22:00

Dell you really need to get your act together. This is pretty bad on your part. Does anyone in your company know what is going on?

Dear Mr. ,
Thank you for participating in the Alienware TradeUp Program. Your return process has now been completed. The quote you agreed will be transferred to your bank account within the next 30 days. For further enquiries please contact Customer Service: alienware@trade-in-platform.com, and provide us your name and quote number.
Sincerely,
Your Alienware Trade Up Support Team

Oh and I have contacted alienware@trade-in-platform.com over 5 times with no answer. That is pretty sad on your part also. Does anyone even get those emails?

19 Posts

January 4th, 2014 13:00

Still no answer from Dell on this and not a single person can let me know who I can contact about this issue. They give out emails address that no one answers your questions. Email says 30 website says 40. Who am I to believe?  Who can I make a complaint about this issue. This is a very serious issue to have 10 day difference between the website and the email. Dell needs to be held accountable for their mistakes. If it is 40 business days maybe you all should put that on the website as 40 business days and just not 40 days. So who am I to contact that Dell has stolen my laptop when the 9th comes and I still don't have the money promised to me?

UPDATE -  It is supposed to be 30 calendar (not 40 and not business) days. The site will be corrected.
DELL-Chris M

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

January 4th, 2014 14:00

Xabiss

You can contact Dell using this form  and this other form.

They will respond to you about your laptop.

Z...............

3 Posts

January 4th, 2014 20:00

I was about to do the trade-up but will hold on to that thought for now after reading OP's issue.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 4th, 2014 21:00

The FAQ is wrong.

19 Posts

January 4th, 2014 23:00

So it should be corrected. Any web developer could fix that in about 3 seconds. It is truly sad how poorly this entire program is being run. ELLD, thanks for pointing that out on the FAQ, it will help me build my case and I will let you know if I ever get paid on this deal. You also notice nowhere on the site does it say business days. It says word for word 30 days after we receive your equipment. I can't wait for the 9th to come and no money, because I am sure the next excuse will be. Oh wait you can't count the holidays because that is not a business day either. There is absolutely no reason it should take this long to get your money.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

January 5th, 2014 08:00

.  Xabiss did the due diligence of contacting Dell through multiple channels but to no avail. Without knowing what is causing the delay, I am skeptical of sending my own machine in.

Although I don't remember reading many other problems like this,  I imagine it  can  happen.

ELLD, That probably is your smartest move if you are so unsure if it will be handled incorrectly, please, DON'T SEND IT.

What you have on the Dell site is a simple error, let's not call out the calvary out on this one.

Someone just made an error, but Chris is correct, it is 40 days.

I imagine if I looked hard enough for other errors I could find them, so they get fixed.

There are errors on all webpages on all websites...trust me.

There's also a lot of passive/aggressive language going on in  this thread.

Z...........................

3 Posts

January 5th, 2014 08:00

Xabiss, you're welcome. Please do post your reply with your progress.

On another note, I am sure some people have gotten their payment without any issues, but what's alarming is that OP is not receiving the customer service that OP deserves.  Xabiss did the due diligence of contacting Dell through multiple channels but to no avail. Without knowing what is causing the delay, I am skeptical of sending my own machine in.

19 Posts

January 5th, 2014 09:00

I am sorry about the passive aggressive tone in my voice but I have emailed alienware@trade-in-platform.com over 5 different times, chatted with Alienware using the chat program, and I have called I don't know how many times and all I ever got was the run around. When I called all I got was what trade-in program are you talking about. I would explain it to them and they would kick me to some one new asking the same questions. Not one time did I ever get any answers to ANY of  my questions.

The email/faq says 30 days and the website says 40 day. It doesn't even state business days or not it. How it is worded in the email, faq, and wesbite is it will be 30/40 days after you get your approval letter. Most people are going to take that as what it says. So of course I have a harsh tone. I believe most people would in my situation.

3 Posts

January 5th, 2014 10:00

makes sense.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

January 5th, 2014 10:00

Xabiss

I understand what you are saying.   Usually you can ''assume" that it is business days when dealing with a business.

As far as the harsh tone, sure, I can understand how frustrating this can get, I've been there and done it too.  Yes, it can drive you nuts, constantly explaining the same problem to each new rep  you're transferred to.

But, sometimes to get what you want you need to bite your tongue, (as hard as it can be at times), letting it run off your back.  I've said what's on my mind to phone CS reps  only to find myself talking to myself and the recording, "if you'd like to make a call, hang up and redial the number".  I'm just  trying to spare you extra aggravation.

Z..................................

19 Posts

January 10th, 2014 10:00

Okay it is now 1/10/14 and the money is still not in my account. No big surprise. What is a phone number that I can call and talk to someone who knows anything about this program. This is getting ridiculous!

19 Posts

January 10th, 2014 19:00

Could I please get some help on this matter. I need someone to contact about this issue ASAP.

No Events found!